DETAILS OF THE 5-PART TUTORIALS:
Ali Madani’s tutorials have featured among the presentations most highly rated by participants. Come and benefit from Avicenne’s latest market research based on 30 years’ experience and extensive business connections with all parties, Orthopedic companies, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, Surgeons, PE funds, etc..
Ali has worked in 30 years on more than 350 orthopedic cases, due diligence, development strategy, acquisition target research, market & technology monitoring, etc… to increase revenues and profitability of his clients or to sustain strategic changes.
Part 1: Worldwide orthopedic market trends & dynamics
Where are we going in the short and long term? What are the opportunities & risks for the implant and instrument end-user market? Reasons why some players are growing faster?
At what level will MDR inhibit innovations and what risks for stakeholders?
- Geographies: USA, Europe (18 countries, 5+13), China, Japan, Australia, South Korea
- Major player analyses: Zimmer Biomet, Depuy Synthes, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, Medtronic
- Major challenger analyses: Aesculap, Medacta, Corin, Microport, Lima, Amplitude, Link, Exactech, DJO, Menix, United, and many others
- Reasons why some players are growing faster: product range extension Vs rationalization, more new products, more services to surgeons, etc.
- Drivers & barriers: price erosion per area, regulatory pressure, particular case of MDR in Europe, Quality and
- Regulatory issues, dealing with innovation and costs in Orthopedics
Part 2: Innovation & new technologies for implants, instruments & surgical techniques
What are the most promising innovations in orthopedics and what is their added value?
3D Printing: which technology / equipment supplier will be dominant? Is 3D printing the right option for the implant Contract Manufacturing business?
Robotics: how are robotic-assisted and navigation surgeries changing the nature of the industry – Will robotics be a game changer in the next 5-10 years or just an add-on in the product line – a ‘must have’? How can CMOs adapt?
- Innovation and new products as differentiating factors, cases studies: dual mobilities, MIS surgeries, 3D printing, etc.
- Robotic-assisted surgeries with analyses of Mako, Rosa, Navio, Velys, Omnilife, Think Surgical, Mazor, Tanvi, etc. Forecasts to 2025
- How are robotic-assisted and navigation surgeries changing the nature of the industry by requiring new know-how and technologies? Will robotics be a game changer in the next 5-10 years or just an add-on in the product line – a ‘must have’? How can CMOs adapt?
- Additive Manufacturing usage, market penetration and OEM player strategies: Stryker, Lima, AK Medical, Zimmer Biomet, Depuy Synthes, Adler, 4Web, Exactech, etc.
- Additive Manufacturing CMO strategies: Lincotek, RMS surgical, Norman Noble, C&A Tool, FMI, Precision ADM, Tangible, etc.
- Additive Manufacturing equipment supplier analysis: Arcam, EOS, ConceptLaser, SLM, 3D Systems, etc.
- Is Additive Manufacturing the right option for the implant Contract Manufacturing business? Analysis of different products & players for reconstructive implants, standard cages, special cages and customized implants
- Single-use instruments, smart implants & instruments. Moving toward a mass market?
Part 3: Orthopedic Contract Manufacturing market, player strategies & dynamics
What are the Contract Manufacturing volume and value and trends to 2025?
- Orthopedic companies manufacturing strategies, in-house & contract manufacturing: Stryker, Depuy Synthes, Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew, Medtronic.
- % of contract manufacturing for: implant forging, casting, machining & finishing, instruments, cases & trays, ceramics, coating, and packaging.
- Number of components manufactured in-house vs contract-manufactured by player: hip stems, hip cups, LF plates, LC plates, Knee femoral, knee tibial, head, liner, insert, lumbar Universal Systems, Cervical plates, screws & cages, trauma plates, split of instruments for hip, knee, spine, trauma, coating for hip stems, cups, femoral & tibial knees, split of cases & trays.
- Forging Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Forging Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Casting contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMOOEM relationships
- Casting Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Hip & knee Machining Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Hip & knee Machining Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Spine, trauma, extremities and shoulder implants Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Spine, trauma, extremities and shoulder implants Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Instruments for knee, hip, spine: segmentation, life cycle, number of pieces, Average Sale Price, main components
- Instruments Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Instruments Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Cases & trays Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Cases & trays Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Ceramics Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Ceramics Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Coating Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships
- Coating Contract Manufacturing 2012-2025
- Marking, Packaging, Sterilization Contract Manufacturing 2020 market shares & CMO-OEM relationships.
Part 4: Orthopedic Contract Manufacturing heavy trends
What are the Contract Manufacturing headwinds and tailwinds & heavy trends?
The new giant entrants like Jabil and Heraeus on the market induce what kind of risks and opportunities for the existing players?
Who will be the winners and what levers will be used?
- Top 20 contract manufacturers ranking and M&A activity: Tecomet, Viant, Orchid, Avalign, Intech, etc.
- Analysis of Top 20 contract manufacturers, 21-100 and beyond: concentration
- Contract manufacturing by order origin
- Orthopedic Contract Manufacturing concentration by acquisition, comparison between COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) spending from the Majors and the Top 20 CMO revenues
- Outsourcing trend and outsourcing rate over the long-term
- Ortho facility disinvestment history and the Jabil case: a breakthrough deal
- Analysis & details of the Depuy-Jabil deal: a major disruptive event in the contract manufacturing market
- Risk of manufacturing shifting to Low Labor Cost countries
- 2012-2025 contract manufacturing and in-house production by value: implants, instruments & cases
- Supply chain and contract manufacturing: how can the collaboration between OEMs and contract manufacturers yield innovation? How is the ongoing market concentration affecting their relationships?
Part 5: Impact of Covid-19 on the orthopedic market & Contract Manufacturing business
How Covid-19 is disrupting the orthopedic market and contract manufacturing?
How and when the industry will fully recover from Covid-19?
- COVID-19: timeline of a Pandemic 2020, 2021
- COVID-19: favorable & unfavorable elements
- 2020 COVID-19 + comparison with 2008 crisis
- Analysis of Majors’ activity in 2020, 2021: Zimmer Biomet, Depuy Synthes, Stryker, Medtronic spine & biologics, Smith & Nephew
- Analysis of Challengers’ activity in 2020 & 2021: Globus, Nuvasive, Aesculap, Amplitude, Seaspine, Orthofix, Alphatec, Implantcast, etc.
- Analysis of Major Contract Manufacturers’ activity in 2020 & 2021: Tecomet, Orchid, Avalign, Intech, Marle, etc.
- Orthopedic end-user market decreases by country: USA, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, other countries
- Impact of Covid-19 on contract manufacturing revenues in 2020, 2021 & 2022 projects and backlogs, company profitability. Scenarios and the conditions necessary to achieve them.